Tuesday, August 4, 2015
What Being A Frugal/Cheapskate Really Means
Being frugal to me means freedom. "The things you own end up owning you."
- Being free from having to acquire, store, and maintain things that don't make you happier and don't make the world a better place
- Being free from the mental distraction, preoccupation, and mental drain of useless things
- Being from the corporations that try to enslave all of us in consumerism to continue their profits
- Being free from the government-backed notion that economic growth and consumer spending are always necessary and good
- Being free from the social culture (the "Joneses") that pressures us into spending on useless things
- Being free from the destructive downward spiral of depleting the Earth's natural resources
- Being free from a consumerist system that leaves some starving while others pamper themselves in luxuries
- Being free from a consumerist system that encourages waste and duplication rather than sharing
- Being free from a system that pressures us into slaving away at jobs we hate to pay for stuff we don't need
- Being free from a system that encourages isolating us from our neighbors
- Being free from a system that encourages greed and self-pleasure rather than giving
- Being free from a system that offers us false choices and false identities at the expense of true creativity and expression
Basically, it means being free from the Big Lie of our world: "shop, shop, shop and all will be well".
Have a great Cheap Cheetah Day!
Posted by www.cheapcheetah.com at 7:16 PM