Lowering my grocery bill
A few ideas:
- Do a better job meal planning.
- Make things from scratch rather than pre-made.
- Use leftovers for lunches, etc.
- Have a large freezer for storage.
- Buy things like meat when on sale in larger quantities, then re-package and freeze for future.
- Replace pop and bottled drinks with lemonade, iced tea, etc.
- Grow a garden, use the harvest and can or freeze the excess.
- Don't buy bottled water.
- Forget coupons. They are for expensive brand name convenience items. That said, with a sale and a coupon, they can occasionally work out to be a better deal than a store brand alternative but most of the time they are not.
- Focus on avoiding convenience foods and doing most cooking from scratch. It is far healthier and far cheaper. Buy store brands whenever possible.
- Always look for coupons in the grocery store and in your home circulars.
- The stores generic brands are just as good and sometimes better then the name brands-try them and see,
- Wait for a free admission to places like PJs. Costco Sam's club and see if you like their prices there. ( these are food warehouses)
There are so many ways that you can lower your food bill you just have to think creatively and be willing to try less expensive things then your use to. Have a Great Cheap Cheetah Week!