Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Health Insurance

Hello Family How Are you today?


 Well today I am talking about Health Insurance and the expense of it all. Me being a cheapskate and looking into health insurance is a horror movie waiting to be produce. Thank god I don't need it now I am on my partners insurance but when I do the amount that they are quoting for basic health insurance is crazy. For a single person I have been quoted between $450-900 a month for the basic health plan. This is with a deductible of $7000. first. Needless to say this is not including a dental plan which is needed. So what is a frugal cheapskate to do when health care is so expensive?

Some say look in to the Affordable  Care Act plans that the government offers. I have done that and based upon your family size and income. For me the amount that I have to pay is not all that cheap and some of the insurance companies in the plan want you to jump through a lot of hoops before they cover you. To some it's really not that affordable and you have to read the find print and see what the individual  plan covers. 

Try and stay with your employers health care plan as long as possible. You might pay a deductible or co payments but trust me it's cheaper then paying for your health care without the group rate that your employer is receiving.

Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) and Flexible Spending Arrangements (FSAs) are tools designed to manage spending  surrounding your healthcare needs. Both of these tools offer an opportunity to save money in anticipation of future medical expenses,

When you are looking for a health care plan don't forget to shop around, make sure you know what kind of plan you need for yourself and your family.

You can also look for an health insurance agent that will help you through the maze of crazy health plans that won't hurt a cheapskate pocket to much.

When it comes to health insurance sometimes being a cheapskate is not the best ideas, especially when it comes to your health. But I do say shop around and try and get the best bank for your buck. I know I am.

Have a Great Cheap Cheetah Day & Save that $$$

No comments:

Post a Comment