1) Show up to work on time. In fact, if you can get their a little before everyone else, you get bonus points. I have one friend that was very successful in a sales position and eventually became vice president of sales. He was the first in the office every morning, making those phone calls. He was very competitive and made a lot of money.
2) Dress well. If you want people to take you seriously, dress like you are serious. Don't ever look like a slob or dress too casual.
3) Never more than one or two drinks at office get together. Don't ever let anyone see you drunk or sloppy or out of control.
4) Avoid office gossip. Don't gossip. Don't talk ill of your boss, other coworkers, or the company and avoid those who do. It's a downward spiral.
5) Take a lunch break. Although you want people to know you are working hard, don't make it look like you're killing yourself. Take a lunch break, enjoy a healthy lunch, and use the time to relax, take a walk, or socialize with other coworkers.
6) Keep a clean desk. Keep your desk organized so it looks like you're in control of your life and your destiny. A clean desk is a clean mind.
7) Keep your personal life personal. Don't tell people about your sex life or who you're dating or how much you drank at that party last night. These are your coworkers, not your college buddies.
Have a Great Cheap Cheetah Day and Save That Money!