Friday, September 22, 2017

Volunteering For Stuff



Hello Family, Here's my confession but let's keep it between us ok. I volunteered Wednesday for We Day. Which is an organization that promotes doing great things for your community and others. This is an event geared toward children which is great. The event  took place in  New York . They had  speakers  like Whoopi Goldberg, Chelsea Clinton,  Olympic Gold Medalist,  The Prime Minster of Canada, you get the idea they had people.  I volunteered because it was a good cause and..... I was getting free food breakfast, lunch and dinner plus I was seeing a show for free.  I thought I would be getting a gift bag to take home after the event . All for free..

What I got was a breakfast that consisted of  a apple, granola bar, coffee or juice and that's it. Lunch was Vegan or a boxed lunch of something wrapped in avocados. I hate avocados. Dinner if you want to call it that was pizza hut. I got a  tee shirt for free. Which by the way we had to wear for this event. No gift bags were given to the volunteers. I did see a free show which was ok.  Which really the show was about people encouraging our children to make a difference.

When you volunteer do it from your heart and that's what I tried to do. But for me this one was all about what I can get for free. But you know the jokes  on me because I spent $40 bucks traveling back and forth to the event and came out with much less that I expected. Hey I didn't even get a feeling of personal satisfaction that ones gets from volunteering with this event. At least if I would have gotten that feeling I would have been a satisfied. 

                                                   Have A Great Cheap Cheetah Day

No comments:

Post a Comment