Saturday, August 18, 2018

Going To The Club/Bar


                                              Hello Family How Are You Today?

Going to the Club/Bar as a frugal/cheapskate is to expensive & crazy.  Do we even put this as part of our entertainment budget anymore? Speaking as an older adult  I remember clubbing with the drinks the people and loud music. Back then it was cheap when I was  into the club scene which was Saturday and Thursday nights. But back then the clubs were free on Thursday night for ladies and Saturday before 10 o'clock it was $7 dollars to get in. The drinks were $5-7 dollars in a nice tall glass and they were not water down as much as they are today. The people were out to party and meet new people. I have met some nice people while clubbing. Some of my better boyfriends came from the clubs Not like it is today. What I m saying is it was cheaper and safer to go clubbing back in the day then it is now.

Today the cover charge for some clubs are over $20 bucks. Let's not talk about the drinks they will run you about $10 and higher for a small glass of watered down liquor. I remember seeing music rapper and the likes go to clubs and buy $100 bottles of champagne and  vodka. I mean bottles of it. That's crazy their bills at the end of the night would be in the hundreds just for liquor.  With the money they are spending on liquor in the club you can do other things and still have money left to buy you  a nice $10  bottle of wine at the liquor store.

You want to be seen in the latest whatever outfit & shoes that you paid a lot of money for. This is a younger person's mind set nowadays. God forbid they come to the club in something that they got at a second hand store. So now you spending a couple hundred to look good for one night. I remember whatever was in my closet on the night I was going out that's what I was wearing. Basically I wore black skirts, pants  with nice colorful tops and belts. I looked pretty and the outfits were cheap.

The music is to darn loud. Especially for my ears now and the crowd. It's way to much for me. Your in a pack house with no room to breath it's 110 degrees  in there.  Wall to wall people on top of you with loud music blasting in your ear and on top of that you paid for this. That's crazy.

Meeting new people. I remember back in the day you could go to the club and meet some decent people. Now people seem to be meeting the crazies. People are in clubs today to hook up. Some of them have no problem going home with strangers for the night. Not thinking if this stranger is a crazy or not.  You can keep that it's not worth losing you life over a possible hook up.

I not even going to talk about the drugs being taken in the clubs nowadays. That a whole  story in itself and another expense to add.

With all this said the clubs/bars use to be a nice place to go relax and spend some quality time with friends and meeting new people with the expenses at a minimum.  Now I know it's not worth it no matter how you look at it money wise or health wise.

                                                 Have A Great Cheap Cheetah Day & Save that Money



No comments:

Post a Comment