Sunday, May 1, 2016

Old Fashion Savings

                                                     Hello Family, How Are you Today?

Do you save the "old fashioned way"?
I'm trying to set aside some money here and there to get a ps3. Whenever i get paid i usually set aside like $30 and put it in a jar until I have enough. Anyone else save for things like electronics, vacations, etc.like this instead of putting it in a bank?
I save that way for my baby son. I made him a little piggy bank out of one of his formula cans. I put all my loose change in it and when it gets enough to buy a share of Vanguard Total Stock Market Index I match it, cash it in and get him the shares in a  account I've set up for him.
Someone sent me this thought my email a couple of days again and it got me to thinking about ways that you can save the old fashion way. I mean like our grandparents did by putting their money under their mattress and in mason jars and hiding it in the house somewhere. That's the old fashion way I am talking about.
Personally for me I just purchase a trash can bank at my local 99 cent store and when I get unexpected money in the form of lottery wins, repayment of loans, found money in coat pockets and such I just put the money in my trash can bank. I save money like that for 6 months to 1 year and then I use the money for either investing or vacation. So my question to you is how do you save the old fashion way?
Have a great Cheap Cheetah Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment