Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Then & Now

                                                      Hello Family how are you today?

Have you ever hear of that saying I wish I knew then what I know now? Well when it comes to being a frugal/cheapskate and life in general here are some of the things that I wish I knew then.

1.  When I was 18 and the housing market was cheap compared to today. I wish I knew to purchase a house in my neighborhood for around $100,00. That was a lot of money to me . But If I would have convinced my mother  to go half's with me we could have done it. Now housing are selling for $750,000-800,00

2.  Finish my college education. I was getting free money from the government to go to school and stupid me did not finish. I thought I knew it all at 20 and wanted to work instead . Dumb move I could have gotten a better job with higher pay if I had stayed in school.

3. I wished I had learned more from my grandfather who was super cheap and knew how to wheel and deal when it came to getting the best bang for his buck. Plus he knew how to buy stuff  super cheap to make money on.

4.  Not to take care of my so called boyfriends. they cost me a lot of money because I WAS YOUNG AND DUMB. I was buying them clothes, paying their car notes, rent, con ed bills, giving them spending money all in the name of so called love. You know how much money I could have had had I not been foolish.

5. To take advantage of opportunities that came my way when I was younger. Taking a  city test for city jobs were like $10 back in the day . When I started taking test it was $25 to take it the same test.

6.  When I worked two jobs for about 8 years I should  have banked my part-time jobs money and lived on my full-time jobs money. Since  my part-time job's money  was not needed  at the time.   Instead I spent  that money on god knows what.

7. I  wish I knew more about cars  back then because the car dealership saw me coming and ripped me off I paid $10,000 for a used car. Buying it brand new  back then would have cost me $12,000

8. Not spending time with the people who are no longer here because you knew that they would be around forever.

9.   A women I personally  knew  and trusted  urged me to buy her company stock it was selling back then for $11 a share and I worked for a brokerage firm so I could do it easily. Dumb me was to scared to do it. Now the stock is $104 a share.

10. To stay away from the junk food back   it cost me heath wise and money wise in the long run. . I am now  a diabetic and it costing me more money now for medications, doctors visit then the junk food I  purchased and ate back then.

                             That's my wish I knew then what I know now story what's yours?

                                                  Have a great Cheap Cheetah Day & Save that $$$

No comments:

Post a Comment